Bedford School delivers an elite golf scholarship programme in partnership with Woburn Golf Club.
The school is very proud of its link with Woburn Golf Club, home to three outstanding championship courses. In partnership with Woburn, we provide our Golf Scholars with regular professional coaching and access to full Junior Membership of Woburn Golf Club. Our golfers compete at the highest national level in both the Independent School Golf Association (ISGA) championships and HMC Foursomes Championships as well as in triangular competitions against other elite school golf academies. Consistently among the best in the country, they regularly reach the National Finals.
- 2014 – Finalists in the HMC Foursomes
- 2014 – Finalists in the ISGA National Finals at Carnoustie
- 2015 – Finalists ISGA at Royal St Georges
- 2016 – Finalist in the ISGA National Final at St Andrew’s
- 2016 – Finalists in the HMC Foursomes at Delamere Forest
During the average week, boys play golf at Woburn every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoon. Throughout the week, they also have access to the school’s fitness and conditioning programme.
Entry at 13+ (Year 9) and 16+ (Year 12)
- Both internal (13+ only) and external candidates wishing to be considered for a Sports Scholarship must submit an application form to the Admissions Office by the 1 December in the year prior to intended entry.
- Candidates would usually possess an official CONGU handicap of 16 or less at 13+ and 7 or less at 16+. Please provide your son’s golf handicap certificate and a reference/testimonial from the Golf Professional at his club with the completed scholarship application form.
- Candidates will be interviewed by the Woburn Golf Club General Manager and the Bedford School Master in charge of Golf.
- Candidates will be assessed by the Woburn Golf Club Professional:
– On course assessment
– Range assessment
– Short game assessment