BSA COVID-Safe Charter
Bedford School has joined over 350 other British schools in adopting the Boarding Schools Association (BSA) COVID-Safe Charter.
The safety and welfare of our community is of utmost importance.
Bedford School is working hard to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our community. We ask that you assist us in keeping our community as safe as possible by observing the following guidelines.
Ahead of your visit
Visitors must NOT visit the school in the following circumstances:
- If they have been advised by their GP or hospital clinician to either stay at home or leave their home only under limited constraints.
- If they or any member of their household or support bubble have tested positive for COVID-19.
- If they or any member of their household or support bubble are showing symptoms and are currently waiting for a test or for test results.
- If they have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self-isolate.
- If they have recently entered the UK from another country and are required to follow the current quarantine guidelines in place.
When you arrive
- Please ensure that you wear a face mask or covering from the moment that you enter a school building.
- All visitors should make use of the hand sanitizer at the medical centre on arrival.
During your visit
- When you are met by our staff, they will not offer a handshake as a greeting – please do not be offended by this.
- Visitors must observe a two-metre distance from all staff and boys when moving around the estate and, if taking a seat during your visit, you should be positioned two metres apart from those in the same room.
- Due to current circumstances, unfortunately, we may not be able to offer our usual hospitality. However, you are very welcome to bring a bottle of water with you.
- If you wish to use the toilet facilities whilst on the school estate, please use those allocated to you.
- Please refrain from unnecessarily touching surfaces during your visit.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water throughout your visit for the recommended 20 seconds. Hand sanitisers are also located around the estate for you to use.
- In the event of coughing/sneezing – please cough/sneeze into your elbow or use tissues, disposing of them immediately and then washing your hands.
- Please follow the signs and one-way systems, and only enter rooms/areas that your host specifies.
Should you develop symptoms of COVID-19 whilst at Bedford School, please inform the school immediately.
After your visit
If you develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the school, please inform us as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you very much for your help and understanding.
This risk assessment has been developed following Government guidance as a minimum.
It will be reviewed regularly based on both ongoing operational experience and emerging Government advice.
The control measures mentioned in this document are in addition to the school and Harpur Trust departmental risk assessments and policies which are kept under regular review.