BSA COVID-Safe Charter
Bedford School has joined over 350 other British schools in adopting the Boarding Schools Association (BSA) COVID-Safe Charter.
The safety and welfare of our community is of utmost importance.
Bedford School is working hard to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our community. We ask that you assist us in keeping our community as safe as possible by observing the following guidelines.
Ahead of your visit
Visitors must NOT visit the school in the following circumstances:
- If they have been advised by their GP or hospital clinician to either stay at home or leave their home only under limited constraints.
- If they have tested positive for COVID-19.
- If they are showing symptoms and are currently waiting for a test or for test results.
- If they have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self-isolate.
- If they have recently entered the UK from another country and are required to follow the current quarantine guidelines in place.
When you arrive
- All visitors should make use of the hand sanitiser on arrival.
During your visit
- When you are met by our staff, they may not offer a handshake as a greeting – please do not be offended by this.
- Facilities for hand washing are available in the visitor toilets. Hand sanitisers are also located around the estate for you to use.
- In the event of coughing/sneezing – please cough/sneeze into your elbow or use tissues, disposing of them immediately and then washing your hands.
Should you develop symptoms of COVID-19 whilst at Bedford School, please inform the school immediately.
After your visit
If you develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the school, please inform us as soon as possible by emailing us at email@example.com.
We thank you very much for your help and understanding.