Nine family teams had their design and construction skills put to the test in this year’s Prep School Science-DT Family challenge on Thursday 18 May.
- The DT challenge: to manufacture a marble run, using just tape and two cardboard boxes in just 40 minutes.
- The aim: to ensure that the marble reached the bottom of the run in one minute.
- The teams were judged on their creative flair, engineering skills and how close they were to 60 seconds!
- The Science challenge: to use an inertia balance (wooden metre stick) plus conversion graph.
- The aim: to weigh some rocks as accurately as possible.
As always, the Family Challenge proved to be a great evening; testing communication and team work under time-constraints.
Thank you to everyone who took part, and congratulations to the Hawthorne (Connor) Family who retained their crown and walked away with the victory and coveted Golden Bunsen Burner.