Seeking help for problems
Coping with problems when things are difficult or have gone wrong is not easy. But remember, it is not a sign of weakness if you feel you can’t manage on your own; it is more a sign of strength that you know when to ask for help.
If you are parent of a pupil at the school, consultations are available in relation to any concern you might have regarding them.
If you require your own ongoing counselling support, help can be given in linking you to suitable resources in your local area.
What is counselling?
Counselling is a means of gaining help and support for the problems and difficulties faced in life.
Counselling at Bedford School
A fully confidential counselling service for pupils, parents & staff is available at school during term time at the following times:
- Monday 12.00 – 3.00pm (Bill Rosseter)
- Monday 3.00pm – 5.00pm (Jennifer Cooper)
- Tuesday 12.00 – 3.00pm (Bill Rosseter)
- Wednesday 12.00 – 2.00pm (Alison Illman)
- Thursday 12.00 – 5.00pm (Bill Rosseter)
- Friday 12.00 – 2.00pm (Alison Illman)
Appointments can be requested via:
- through the School Medical Centre 01234 362261
- or Direct line & voicemail: 01234 362248
Counselling appointments are located at 6, Burnaby Road (next to the School Shop)
The School Counsellor, Bill Rosseter, is a qualified psychotherapist and accredited counsellor. He has worked at the School since 1992.
Alison Ilman, Trainee Counsellor is a qualified counsellor. She has worked at the school since April 2014.
|Jennifer Cooper is a qualified counsellor. She has worked at the school since September 2018.|