A level Results Day Procedures
Boys and parents are warmly invited to a Results Day Continental Breakfast to be served in the Great Hall from 9 a.m. on Thursday 16 August. We hope that as many of you as possible will be able to join us to mark what is a very important day in your school career, to celebrate your successes with you and bid you farewell as you embark on the next stage of your life.
Representatives from each Department will also be available to offer advice, should you need it. A summary of the programme for Results Days and the support services available is given below.
- Results will be released via the Pupil Portal soon after 6 a.m. on Thursday 16 August (Pupil Profile > My Public Exams > View My Examination Results).
- Boys and parents are warmly invited to come to a Results’ Day Continental Breakfast served in the Great Hall from 9 a.m. on Thursday 16 August to celebrate their results.
- Results will also be available in hard copy from 9 a.m. in the Great Hall. Owing to the way the exam data is released by the exam boards, you may find that individual paper marks are not available via the portal. We are hoping to provide this information in hard copy for you to collect from school on the morning of Results’ Day. Any copies not collected by the end of the day will be posted to you. Representatives from each Department will be available from 9 a.m. in School to assist with any questions or give advice as required. Please see the list below for the rooms you will be able to find them in.
- Mrs Lincoln (Head of UCAS and Careers) will be available from 9 a.m. off the Great Hall to assist with any university entrance questions.
- Mrs Martin-Merchant (Exams Officer) will be available off the Great Hall to assist with reviews of marking.
- Mr Tighe (Deputy Head, Academic), Mr Montgomery (Director of Teaching and Learning) and the Head Master will be available from 9 a.m. in School to assist with any further questions or concerns.
All these staff, and Heads of Department, will be contactable via email in the days following the release of Results should you have any questions, and will endeavour to respond as soon as they can.
You will also find information on the following post-result services on Firefly in the Upper School > Exams section > Post-results services here.
- Results Day Dates and how to access your results
- UCAS and University Entrance procedures following the release of results
- The process for requesting remarks, where appropriate
Please do take time to look at this information so that you are fully prepared for your Results Day. A link will also be posted on the front page of the School Portal.
The UCAS website also has very helpful advice and videos about the Results’ Day process, and how Clearing works should you find that you have not met your offer for either your firm or conditional university choice. There is also a link on the School’s UCAS page to the UCAS Clearing Guide all boys were issued with in hard copy earlier this term.
The Department for Education/UCAS also run an advice line on Results Day, the number for which is 0808 100 8000. The helpline is run by 40 of the country’s most experienced careers advisers and has been a lifeline to thousands of students on Results Day over the past 30 years.
One final word of advice – please make sure you have fully charged your phone before Results’ Day morning; you never know how much you might need to use your phone to contact UCAS/universities and you can sometimes be kept waiting in call queues for some time. Make sure your phone battery is at maximum capacity, therefore!