The Ousel was first published in 1876 and the first three issues were published in June, November and December. Initially, there were only one or two issues a year, but by the 1880s it was up to eight. In 1896, the new series was launched and has been continuous ever since. See here for more information. It was published fortnightly, monthly and termly as the years progressed, and it was only in 2004 that it became an annual publication. Click here to view No. 1 June 15th 1876. The Whinchat started in 1993 when the newly formed Preparatory School opened, and has always been an annual publication. The school archive holds print copies of all these magazines, which are also available online on the Bedford School Digital Archive Magazines page.