We are delighted to announce that Bedford School has been awarded a Gold Education 2 Employment (E2E) award. Only schools who demonstrate excellence and innovation in their provision for pupil development, in regards to future employment are accredited with this nationally recognised aw
The school was awarded a Silver E2E earlier this year in recognition of the expert guidance and dedication of Mrs Lincoln, Head of Careers and UCAS, and staff across the school, to provide boys with superb careers and UCAS advice. To achieve the Gold E2E award in such a short space of time is a tremendous achievement, and an even higher endorsement of the excellent support and service they provide.
About the Award
To qualify for this award, schools must demonstrate their investment in the future of their pupils, including,
- Relevant work experience, shadowing or placements.
- Guest speakers and opportunities to meet professionals.
- Employability skills built in to all subjects in the curriculum.
- Mock interviews and CV building support.
- Information regarding online presence and social media for work.
- Organisation of in-school careers fairs or similar events.
- Partnerships with other schools or community groups.
- Access to a mentor for all pupils.
- Innovative careers education, information, advice and guidance.